Kroll Background America, Inc. (KBA) and the HireRight family of companies know that the reputation of an educational institution is rooted in the quality of its faculty, administrators, and staff – and its ability to provide a safe learning environment for students. Sound hiring practices help make that possible. Through a full range of solutions, we can help educational institutions verify the backgrounds, performance histories, and capabilities of the individuals who seek employment on their campuses.
But we also understand that while academia faces many of the same risks as our corporate clients, such as the hiring of personnel, physical security of your facilities, and applicant selection, you face a number of unique challenges that necessitate a screening partner with deep experience in serving the educational community. Some of these education-specific challenges include:
- Creating dynamically open yet safe academic environments
- Preserving carefully built reputations - all the more important in private schools and higher education, where word of mouth can make or break your success
- Maintaining intellectual integrity through well-qualified students and faculty
- Verifying credentials for domestic and international applicants and employees
Our long history of experience in working with the educational community provides us with unparalleled insight. As a result, our wide range of screening services strengthen institutional integrity and enable academic institutions to focus on what they do best – education and research.
Our education-specific services include:
- Employment background checks – Help ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, works to reduce theft and violence on campuses, and help verify that teachers, staff, and administrators are qualified to work in an educational environments.
- Vendor employee screening – Provides detailed information about the employees of campus service providers who have access to your students, staff, and facilities.
- Student applicant screening – Allows professional schools, graduate programs, and undergraduate institutions to verify the backgrounds and credentials of applicants from a multinational pool.
- Drug and health screening – Helps institutions reduce the incidence of drug use and its effects in the workplace and on campus.
- U.S. Form I-9/E-Verify services – Enables organizations to accurately and quickly perform employment eligibility verification, reduce Form I-9 processing errors, securely store and retrieve I-9 Forms online, receive proactive notifications of employees’ expiring work authorizations, and help reduce the potential for identity theft.